The Geotech Group has always believed in giving back to the community and regularly donates profits and resources to not-for-profit organisations and sporting clubs, as well as donating to various charities.
A key part of our mission statement reads:
"The Geotech Group endeavours to be a positive contributor to the community by:
- Direct participation in assisting community organisations and specific charitable endeavours that involve employees wherever possible; and
- Positive and respectful interaction with the communities in which we work."
As the Group continues to grow, so too do the Directors look to grow our involvement in the community, so each year we solicit requests from all employees for consideration in our sponsorship proposal for the coming year.
In nearly all cases, employees nominate charities or organisations with whom they already have an association with for an additional grant.
The following is an alphabetised list of charities or organisations currently sponsored by the Group:
- 500 Supporters' Group (who financially support the Ruben Centre, Nairobi Kenya)
- ANZRI Cricket Carnival
- Ashburton Bowls Club
- Cath's Village
- Chain Reaction Corporate Bike Challenge - Victoria 2016 (for Monash Children's Hospital and Starlight Children's Foundation)
- Essendon Rowing Club
- Hawthorn Amateur Football Club
- Kids with Cancer Foundation
- Kilmore Field & Game Association
- Kopkoda Project (in conjunction with Victoria Police and The Lions Club of Doutta Gala)
- Make A Difference (MAD) Foundation
- Panthers Basketball Club
- Red Shield Appeal
- St Bernard's Old Collegians Cricket Club
- St Kevin's Old Boys Football Club
- St Vincent de Paul Society
- The Footy Almanac
- The Jodi Lee Foundation
- TLC for Kids
- Victorian Facetors' Group
- Western Chances
- Williamstown CYMS Amateur Football Club
Further to this, each year the Group enters a significant team of runners in the Run Melbourne event, with a different charity chosen each year from the runner's nominations.